We are looking for a Fundraising Officer to join our team. We want someone to develop and implement fundraising initiatives that maximise income and raise awareness of our work. You would focus on strengthening relationships with our supporters, recruiting new donors, and working on the creation and implementation of fundraising campaigns.
The Role Will Include:
- Maximising income from new and existing fundraising streams, including but not limited to: community fundraising, individual giving and corporate social responsibility
- Implementing multi-media fundraising strategies and initiatives to engage our supporters and achieve targets
- Coming up with new ways to engage the public, raising awareness of and support for our work
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Acting as a fundraising advocate in the local community and attending networking events
You should be able to:
- Use initiative and solve problems
- Build relationships and influence using excellent interpersonal skills
- Manage time effectively, prioritise workload, plan ahead and achieve deadlines
- Use Microsoft Word and Excel confidently, and in general have good IT literacy
Adopt a data-driven and evidence-led approach to fundraising strategy
The ideal candidate will have:
Experience in fundraising initiatives such as appeals, events or campaigns
What do we offer?
- A nurturing and collaborative working environment. We work hard to help our volunteers grow; investing in personal and professional development.
- Accommodation in a shared house
- Transportation to/from work
- After completion of a three-month trial, if you commit long-term, a small monthly expenses refund
In certain periods of the year, demand is extremely high, and the volunteer houses might be full. If you have the means to pay for your own accommodation, please let us know. We would still be happy to host you if space is available. However, in a situation where the volunteer houses are full, this would allow us to offer a volunteering opportunity to someone that cannot afford to pay rent.
How To Apply
Please send the following to Giovanni Fontana at [email protected]:
- Your CV
- Your cover letter
- Copy of your qualifications (If applicable)
In your mail, please:
- Put “Fundraising Officer” as the subject line
- Specify the dates you would be available to volunteer (starting date and length)
- At the end of the email, copy-paste the link of the ad you are responding to
If the application includes all of these we will get back to you in a maximum of 48hs.
Have experience leading a team of this type?
Consider applying to become a Fundraising Coordinator. Whether your experience lies in the humanitarian sector or elsewhere, we are looking for people with expertise that can drive us forward as an organisation. Find out more here.