We are looking for a Content Creator who can produce compelling content that aligns with Second Tree’s values and can inspire people to support our work with refugees and asylum seekers in Epirus. In your role, you will produce written and visual content for our social media channels, press releases, conferences, newsletters, events, articles, website, campaigns, blogs and reports.
The Role Will Include:
- Keeping an overview of what Second Tree is doing and when, and using this to ensure our content aligns with our strategies
- Recognising good opportunities to gather content, and then creating compelling written and visual outputs for various audiences
- Creating and overseeing detailed timelines to ensure timely content production and publication.
- Producing and adapting high-quality and well-written content that fits Second Tree’s brand
- Taking, editing and organising the storage of photo and video content for communication outputs
- Communicating with a team of translators to produce content in different languages when needed
You should be able to:
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Deliver social media strategies for specific projects
- Analyse news and express compelling opinions
- Adapt language to different audiences
- Adhere to Second Tree’s writing style
- Find creative solutions to communications challenges
- Create compelling visuals using Canva or similar software
- Manage and prioritise multiple tasks and be flexible
- Create and abide by detailed timelines
- Be proactive, and utilise a problem-solving mindset
- Take good pictures and use photo editing software
- Follow a brief and incorporate feedback to produce content requested by other departments
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in an NGO, Charity or in the field of human rights
- Experience in producing reels and video editing
- Experience writing donor-centric communications
- Experience with photo storage such as Google Drive or Cloudinary
What do we offer?
- A nurturing and collaborative working environment. We work hard to help our volunteers grow; investing in personal and professional development.
- Accommodation in a shared house
- Transportation to/from work
- After completion of a three-month trial, if you commit long-term, a small monthly expenses refund
In certain periods of the year, demand is extremely high, and the volunteer houses might be full. If you have the means to pay for your own accommodation, please let us know. We would still be happy to host you if space is available. However, in a situation where the volunteer houses are full, this would allow us to offer a volunteering opportunity to someone that cannot afford to pay rent.
How To Apply
Please send the following to Giovanni Fontana at [email protected]:
- Your CV
- Your cover letter
- Copy of your qualifications (If applicable)
In your mail, please:
- Put “Content Creator” as the subject line
- Specify the dates you would be available to volunteer (starting date and length)
- At the end of the email, copy-paste the link of the ad you are responding to
If the application includes all of these we will get back to you in a maximum of 48hs.