Youth Program Coordinator
We are looking for a new Youth Program Coordinator for our Scouts Program based in Ioannina.
In this role, you’ll be coordinating the daily planning and delivery of activities for young refugees in two refugee camps: Katsikas and Agia Eleni.
The program consists of English language classes, educational workshops and excursions outside of the camp. It aims to develop the core values of teamwork, responsibility, kindness and focus in its participants, through structured, participatory activities. The program engages around 50 children at each site, between the ages of 8 and 17, the majority of whom are from Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.
- Coordinate, delegate, and manage a team of 4-5 volunteers in the daily operations of the Scouts Program
- Develop current programming in coordination with the Programs Manager and project team member
- Assess impact and effectiveness of the program in line with its objectives
- Plan and deliver effective educational and outdoor activities, within a theme-based, modular curriculum
- Ensure a high quality of program implementation, with the ability to provide behaviour management and safeguarding training to new volunteers
- Directly supervise and support project team to ensure effective inductions and transfer of key skills/knowledge take place between short term team members
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders
- Represent Second Tree in relevant external meetings with international actors (UNHCR, IOM, ASB, Intersos, TDH) or local authorities (municipality, army, police, etc)
- Capture and compile relevant M&E on the program
- Conduct interviews with volunteer candidates
You are able to. . .
- Oversee the delivery of program activities and the completion of vital administrative and logistical tasks
- Be accountable and efficient, making sure that tasks that you take up are completed in the agreed timeframe
- Be honest and transparent, being able to give and receive feedback in the most straightforward way
- Have a strong sense of humor, being able to make fun of yourself is key
- Care for people, the interests of the people we work with should always be your first concern
- Instil the values above in the people that work with you
- Prioritise and delegate tasks effectively, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Manage individuals effectively to create a positive team environment in which shared problem solving is encouraged
- Communicate in English, both written and orally
- Learn quickly, managing a wide-ranging and intense workload
- What is required to work and effectively communicate in complex and volatile contexts
- Essential background of the refugee crisis and its impact
- Essential behaviour management techniques which can be employed effectively with children and young people
- Your own personal leadership skills/profile and how to effectively manage a team
– Accommodation in a shared house.
– Transportation to/from work.
– After completion of a three month trial, small monthly expenses refund.
How to Apply
Please send the following to Giovanni Fontana at: email@example.com
1) Your CV
2) Your cover letter
3) Copy of your qualifications (If applicable)
In your mail, please:
4) Put “Youth Program Coordinator Candidate” as the subject line
5) Specify the dates you would be available to volunteer (starting date and length)
6) At the end of the email, copy-paste the link of the ad you are responding to
If the application includes all of these we will get back to you in a maximum of 48hs.