We are looking for volunteers who can provide support in the Kindergarten.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working with children and will have experience in and/or knowledge of non-formal education approaches for 3-10 year olds. Knowledge and/or experience working in a similar context (refugee crisis) and with vulnerable populations is a strong plus.
Your main engagement will be in the kindergarten, however since we are a small organization, we often need volunteers to be flexible with supporting our other programs, giving you an opportunity to experience and facilitate the implementation of other programs, such as the Youth Scouts.
Depending on your experience, skills and time commitment, you would either be managing the Second Tree kindergarten volunteers or supporting the manager in the implementation and development of the kindergarten activities. Both roles would be on-site.
The role will include:
- Managing and implementing a daily schedule of activities in the Kindergarten;
- Collaborating with PH4K and their volunteers;
- Collaborating with the wider Second Tree team;
- Collaborating with Terre des Hommes (TDH) in the day-to-dayactivities in the Community Centre;
- Supporting other Second Tree staff working in the Kindergarten;
- Supporting the children’s program in various ways (as needed);
- Supporting in Second Tree’s general logistic needs;
- Participating in weekly team meetings (Kindi team and wholeteam);
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 2 months;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-lingualsetting;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload;
- Ability to work in a high-intensity environment;
- Adaptable, flexible attitude and approach to activities andpeople management;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate in an open, honest, direct manner;
- Experience working in a refugee context or with a vulnerable population
- Experience working with the 3-10-year-olds
- Language skills: Arabic, Persian, Dari, Sorani and/or Kurmanji
- Demonstrable experience working with children and young people
What We Offer:
- Accommodation with all the basic amenities (WiFi, heating, laundry, kitchen) covered in a shared team house.
- Transportation for work-related activities (if needed)
- Reference letter pending successful completion of engagement
We have two volunteer houses that can host up to nine people where long-term volunteers are accommodated. Some volunteers choose to rent their own accommodation. In certain periods of the year, demand is extremely high, and the volunteer houses might be full. If you have the means to pay for your own accommodation, please let us know. We would still be happy to host you if space is available. However, in a situation where the volunteer houses are full, this would allow us to offer a volunteering opportunity to someone that cannot afford to pay rent.
How to apply:
Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to Giovanni Fontana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Kindergarten Candidate” as the subject line and specify in your email the dates you would be available to volunteer.